This fall we will be starting a new youth fund raising project: the first annual Chili Cook Off and Silent Auction! This will be a combined middle school/high school event, and the goal is to organize a fun fellowship event for the church while also raising money for students’ accounts. Here’s the plan:
- Everyone from the congregation is invited to bring a crock pot of chili or to just come and sample the different types of chili
- There won’t be a cost for admission, but people will cast votes by putting donations in the jar by the chili of their choice. People will also be able to vote for their own chili, which might make things interesting!
- At the end of the night we will tally up the donations, and the chili that gets the most donations will win the Golden Ladle Trophy!
- We will be making themed gift baskets for a silent auction
- All donations will be split evenly between students who participate; money will be deposited into students’ individual accounts, which may be used for any trip or retreat.
- Go to this Sign Up Genius site to sign up for a volunteer spot, a silent auction gift basket item, and a food/beverage item to bring. To earn money, students will need to volunteer and donate items.
- This event will be publicized in several ways (flyers, social media, bulletin, etc.), but we need your help in inviting your friends and family!
- If you would like, make a crock pot of chili and get into the competition! If you are planning on submitting chili for the competition, fill out the online form or fill out the form in your church mailbox.