Lesson Title: Jesus Releases the Potential of the Least - Jesus empowers fishermen to go on a mission
Scripture: Mark 1: 16-20 & Mark 6: 7-13
We continued the conversation last night about who Jesus interacted with and what that can teach us. We focused in on Jesus' disciples, who He called to be His disciples, how He called them and then how He sent them out. Jesus chose ordinary, everyday guys to be "fishers of men"; He didn't pick the prestigious or famous, the people who followed all the rules or had a lot of money. But most importantly Jesus picked people who He saw had potential. We talked about what potential is and if we have ever been encouraged by someone because they saw potential in us. We also did an activity to think outside the box where students had pick survival items that they wouldn't necessary think to pick typically. It was really fun to see the creative ways kids thought to use dental floss, a CD, and a pair or socks in order to 'survive'.
Questions to continue the conversation:
1. What potential does God see in you?
2. Has anyone in your life helped you achieve your potential? How did they help you?
3. What kinds of things has God called you to do as a Christ-follower?
4. What holds your potential back?
5. How can you overcome the obstacles that hold your potential back?
My name is Josiah from Grand Rapids Michigan and I follow Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Also middle schoolers are cool.